Monday 6 February 2012

I suppose I should explain my absence

Basically I've not been feeling all that good, after managing to avoid two bouts of family cold over Christmas I've now gone and picked up my usual start of the year lurgy. Hopefully it won't evolve into the horrible throat infections I had a couple of years back but needless to say I feel pretty grotty (sympathy please).

And so I shall leave you with some of my favourites from the I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue "Cold and Flu Songbook"

My Love Is Like a Red Red Nose
Cattarh Man
I Will Survive
Greensleeves
Eternal Phlegm
The hills are alive with the sound of mucus
Sneeze Up Mother Brown
While my Cattarh Gently Weeps

No matter how bad I feel, the funniest radio comedy there ever was always makes it better :-D

5 comments:

  1. Ah sorry to hear this! Hope you feel better soon Jo.

    I still miss Willie Rushton :(

    On the subject of comedy and colds

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHPvp5khAyM

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I think you'll love these if you haven't come across them already....

    http://randomramblingsthoughtsandfiction.blogspot.com/search/label/Fresh%20Maggots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I've heard some of their work on Lastfm, very nice...shame about the name... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way it's so ironic you should post that Derek and Clive video when we were watching our DVD of 'Not Only But Also' just last night :-D

    ReplyDelete